Our air conditioning is finally fixed! Now that our home is no longer 79°F, I will actually turn on the oven and cook again Salads and left overs were all that I would cook…errrr, prepare, while it was out. I’ve been trying to clean out our freezer and make some room for new soups or meals, and I found some chili that I had made over the winter. It didn’t sound completely unappetizing–a rarity these days–so I figured, why not. Plus…I knew Matt would be stoked.
But who in their right mind eats chili without corn bread?
So…I looked through my recipe book/box and found a recipe for corn bread that seemed to fit the bill.
(makes 12 corn muffins)
1 c whole wheat flour
1 c cornmeal
1 c white sugar
1 c milk
1/2 c butter, melted
1 TBS baking powder
1 tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 350° F. Line a muffin pan with liners. I used silicone because I couldn’t find anything else on hand.
- In a large bowl, add the eggs, flour, cornmeal, sugar, milk, and butter. Mix well!
- Once that is mixed well, add in the salt and baking powder.
- Pour the batter into the muffin pan and place in the oven.
- Take out of the oven after about 25 minutes or when the tops are golden brown.